“Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever … it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything.”
– Aaron Sussman
Welcome! Thank you for stopping by and taking a moment to get to know us. We are Rebecca and Marco. Together we are Gutierrez Photography. We believe that photographs are important. They are a gift we give to our future selves and family. Photographs become part of a family’s history. They are among the few things most of us own that are truly irreplaceable once lost. Although that sounds pretty serious, and we take our craft seriously, most folks tell us we’re kind of fun. We…
- love being photographers, enjoy meeting people and making new friends.
- both received cameras as gifts around the age of 10. It was coincidence and not a part of a major conspiracy, but they got us started.
- met through an improbable sequence of events at Fort Benning, Georgia in September 1984.
- married three months after our first date. We were an Army family for 21 years.
- are best friends even though our spouse can be a dork sometimes.
- love to travel (Korea, Japan, Antigua, Bahamas, Canada, Italy, France, and Switzerland so far)
- are a Coke family, Pepsi is just not an option
- are not real fond of goofy, trendy fads.
- are always eager to tell you more of our life story, but you’ll have to sit and visit with us in our studio to get all the details.
Favorite memories of the past.
These are the joys of a lifetime.
Those are the things that last.”
– Henry Van Dyke
So, what is it like working with us?
- We want you to enjoy yourself during the time we spend together making your photographs.
- Clearly, a photo session with us is the most fun you can have without needing some kind of license.
- We are big on collaborating. It is a huge deal for us, running neck-and-neck with making sure you enjoy yourself.
- We bring our passion, experience, and education. You bring the most important part – your story. We put them together and create wonderful images.
- We’re always working to capture the emotion that will make your photographs timeless and compelling.
- We have a great studio but love shooting on location; it helps make the photographs uniquely yours.
- We shoot everything from simple natural light, to Photoshop fantasy. We can even use a half-dozen strobes in a single session.
- Semper Gumby – forever flexible. Although we plan our sessions in detail, we make the most of opportunities we discover during the shoot.
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it.”
– Ansel Adams
Our photography background
- Over the years we have attended classes or trained at Michigan State University, the Rocky Mountain School of Photography, and the Lepp Institute.
- We are members of Professional Photographers of America, Wedding and Portrait Photographers International, Seniors Ignite, and the National Association of Photoshop Professionals,
- We attend training workshops on a regular basis to stay abreast of new techniques and equipment and as a source of inspiration. They provide insight, growth and prevent stagnation. They are also a load of fun.
- We have had our work appear in juried photography competitions and have been published in several calendars.
We are looking forward to meeting you. Have a great day!
“In a time when everyone with a camera is a ‘photographer’ this is without a doubt some of the best work I’ve seen.” – Shan Willis
“I may be wrong, but I’m thinking this is much more than a job to you and it shows in the photos . Y’all are crazy talented and your kind heart shows in every image.” – Barry Hodges
“I love your work. Thank you for preserving memories for me.” – Chelsea Gallen
“You guys are awesome at photography and you are great people.” – Stephanie Ajax Brow
“Marco and Becky, your photography is simply spectacular! A friend showed me your calendar you did for cancer and it was beautiful! If you do another calendar, I would love to buy one. Also, if you have your own book of your photographI would love to have one as well! Your work to me is INCREDIBLE!” – Michele Armitano